Saturday, June 4, 2011

Webconference. May 31, 2011

The class web conference held on May 31st, was of great value to me. It was great getting to meet many of my classmates, and learn to use the tools available. It was a tad bit bumpy at start; but we as 21st Century educators are quite use to that. I remember the first time I used computer based programs from the internet in my classroom with my principal in attendance. It was one of those days when nothing wanted to work correctly. It took us 10 minutes to finally get to where we were going to learn what we needed to learn. My principal at the time was a very “old school” teacher. At the end of the experience he told me that he was shocked by how well I and the students handled the experience and the wait time. He learned to love my “techy stuff.” So, even though it took us a bit to get going in the end it was definitely worthwhile. I think it would be great to get my students involved in something like this with students from other states, countries, or even just the school across town.  This web conference also helped me to get familiarized with the requirements of the course. It gave me that classroom time that we often miss when learning online.

No comments:

Post a Comment